AIR-DDS MODEL FOR SUCCESS
AIR-DDS Mentors have advanced teaching and learning by helping dental professionals understand the science of artificial intelligence in robotics and digital dentistry in didactic and clinical use with effective, evidenced-based practices, and data-driven instruction to succeed. Through our comprehensive professional development, we build dentists’ background knowledge in the core components of AI. Through embedded coaching, we support the translation of this knowledge into targeted instruction. AIR-DDS is one of the few professional development organizations with this rare capability nationwide.
As the Artificial Intelligence [ AI ] Robotics and Digital Dentistry era has arrived, we provide a Series of AI Courses, Mentoring, Memberships and Fellowships. To maximize the clinical benefit, AI technologies require an accurate transfer from preoperative planning to surgical execution.
- The process begins with a preoperative CBCT (3D Exam) ;
- Take preoperative CBCT of Patient;
- Export CBCT (3D Exam) image to a .DICOM File Extension;
- DICOM® — Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine — is the international standard for medical images that can be exchanged with its data for clinical use;
- At this juncture you can either
- upload the .dicom file(s) to on-site 3-D Implant planning software;
- forward the .dicom file(s) to an external vendor to develop a planning guide;
- upload the .dicom file(s) directly into your robotic 3-D software where you can adjust the case treatment-plan;
- In this step you work to ensure to Develop Treatment Plan to coincide with your expectation for restoration post-surgical implant placement.
On the day of surgery, a splint with radiographic markers (Fig. 1) is applied to the same jaw on the contralateral side and fixated.
- Static Guide
- A digital surgical guide, a static, pdf and image files, three-dimensionally represent the clinical and the radiographic matched data prepared offsite through AI Specialists in digital 3-D surgical implantology;
- Procedural mapping (Pre-planning guide) create a surgical guide;
- Restorative-driven imaging illuminates tooth orientation, bone and soft tissue structure, volume, and nerve position;
- This guide provides a template design and the exact implant position, angulation, depth, emergence needed for surgery
- Prepare Patient for Implant Surgery via the Static Guide
Prepare Patient for Implant Surgery via Robotics
Apply Splint to the Same Jaw on the contralateral side and fixated with bite registration material
Place wax in the embrasure and edentulous spaces to allow for easy removal after implant is placed
- Take CBCT with the splint in place;
- The patient can be sedated at this point in time
- CBCT and intraoral scanning are performed to provide detailed anatomic information that allows for the planning phase;
- Robotic Assisted Guidance:
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Dentist's Assistant controls robot at laptop;
- DA selects Guided Mode to verbally direct dentist;
- Robot responds to dentist's commands i.e. “free,” “2mm buccal,” “move lingual 5mm,” “rotate toward the opposing jaw,” “guided” and “pause;”
- The robotic tracking arm connect to the splint and is aligned;
- Dentist brings robotic drill arm into position;
- Dentist locks arm into the guided position;
- Dentist places foot on the pedal to initiate drill;
- Dentist performs surgical procedure pushing gently down on the drill;
- Robot controls position, depth and angulation;
- Robot drill reaches precise pre-plan then restricts apical movement;
- Drill is removed from the implant motor and implant is placed;
- Dentist physically inspects and confirms;
- Dentist continues with additional implant(s), inspects and confirms;
- Splint is disconnected from robot tracking arm;
- Splint is removed from the patient;
- A final CBCT is taken to confirm implant placement.
Thank you for visiting us !
We hope to be of Service to Help you Help Patients with AI Advances in Dentistry.
Because Health and Safety are Everything.
Artificial Intelligence [ AI ] Robotics & Digital Dentistry Society
Valuing Knowledge, Integrity, Community ®
TERMS AND CONDITIONS DISCLAIMERS CANCELLATION POLICY